The transition from fossil fuels to cleaner energy is crucial as industries race towards Net-Zero goals. There are a plethora of untapped resources to generate greener electricity, from wind, solar, hydro, and biomass, that are yet to be explored. The transition from fossil fuels to cleaner energy is crucial as industries race towards Net-Zero goals.
Southeast Asian countries can meet their growing energy demand with renewables while cutting 75% of their energy-related CO2 emissions by 2050, or half of the current emissions (IRENA, 2022).
We seek new ideas, innovations, and technologies that can disrupt how we generate and enable better adoption and distribution of renewable energy and improve energy efficiency in a low-cost and inclusive manner for urban and rural communities.
What we look out for in a solution:
- Impact: The reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by providing low-cost alternatives to fossil-fueled energy without harming biodiversity and the environment.
- Innovation: The degree of originality and creativity of the company's technology, as well as the extent to which it is state-of-the-art.
- Feasibility: The company's ability to demonstrate that its technology is technically and economically viable and that it can be scaled up and replicated in other locations.
- Scalability: The potential of the company's technology to be scaled up to have a significant impact on greenhouse gas emissions and sustainable development.
- Business case: The company's ability to demonstrate a viable business case, including long-term financial sustainability and potential for growth.
- Transparency and Communication: The company's ability to clearly and effectively communicate its business idea, its impact, and its plans for scaling and replication.
- Environmental impact: The company's ability to demonstrate the environmental impacts of its technology and its mitigation plan for any potential adverse effects.
- Social Impact: The company's ability to demonstrate that its business idea and model are beneficial for society, such as providing electricity access for people in underserved areas, enabling job creation, and community development in an inclusive manner without harming the indigenous people and the local community.